The Billing Module enables you to provide value to your clients through transparent and flexible business practices.
The billing grid setup will enable your firm to:
- Set minimum fee amounts based on different frequencies
- Set the total value range
- Set minimum and maximum rates that can be applied to each total value interval and asset class
- Include or exclude accrued interest and dividends
- Set up multiple types of fee schedules
The fee schedule provides three different rate patterns:
- The standard structure uses both total value and asset classes
- The fixed interval structure only uses total value ranges
- The asset class structure uses only asset classes, regardless of total values or assets under management.
It also provides two calculation methods:
- By tier
- By total value range
Users can configure the billing function based on:
- Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual billing. Except in the case of monthly billing, users can set their own rolling periods. For example, quarterly billing can be set to occur in February, May, August and November.
- A billing period.
- Billing in advance or arrears
- A fixed fee schedule.
In brief, the billing process allows users to:
- Bill at one or more frequencies
- Generate net and gross fee return reports
- Add special fees in management fee calculations
- Add notes regarding a special fee
- Overwrite pre-calculated fees
- Generate billing reports
- Save fee history and calculation details
- Generate ad hoc invoices when necessary
Once you are ready to bill, the information can be exported as an Excel file for purposes of data processing.